Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to the Corporate World

First off, let me start by saying… “Aaaah! Tiz ish life…” After three months of social withdrawal, perpetually tedious functions and out of cash settlement, I finally landed a new gig. Everyone close to me knew that I am not the kind of person who will settle for doing nothing. I love working and earning money. Who doesn’t want money by the way?


Now that I have a new job (basically like the old one with a twist), I am back. Back to old routines; waking up early morning preparing for another day, being raped and brutally harassed by Metro Manila’s polluted air, face to face encounter with my computer 12 hours a day while pulling my hair in between, sleeping for merely 4-5 hours max every night, updating my social calendar, refilling my beer storage weekly and unlimited shopping spree. This is the kind of life err the only way of life that I am good at so why bother learning a new one? I tried quitting the corporate life and I sucked! Not only that it gave me a lot of additional pounds to lose but it made me act like a creepy-widowed-dysfunctional-twat.


At first, it felt nice. I am spending all of my waking hour eating, watching movies, reading books, FB, Twitter, etc. Sometimes, I go out with friends or by myself. I don’t have work stress, I don’t have to wake up early just to get beaten up by pile of workloads or an overly bitchy boss, I don’t have to act insanely heartless and put the plastic face mask on just to keep up with my fellow workers, I don’t have to listen to random ramblings about people I don’t care about. In short, I wake up, do my shit and sleep. SIMPLE. But I am not simple. Simplicity is not my cup of tea. I love being extravagant and loud. I always picture myself surrounded with lots of people (not necessary people I like), arguing or sharing pleasant stories and just be totally awesome.


Going back… My new gig entails a whole lot of changes career wise. I call it the “ultimate jump”. I can’t exactly divulge the nature of my work but it requires a lot of attention, thinking and understanding… a whole new level of technical writing—which is by the way, exciting!


To end this post, I must say that I never felt this way before. It is like despite of the long hours of work, shitload of hurtful past, almost healed heart, empty bank accounts… I feel like I am in the right track; I am in the right place, at the right time with the right people. It’s not perfect but it is reason enough to carve a smile on my face before I sleep. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment