Friday, February 6, 2009

He’s Just Not That into You

A year ago, a friend of mine lend me a book and tried selling out to me by saying that, “you should read that… that might answer everything you need to know…” I don’t exactly remember that I have read this book not until I saw it again in a bookstore with a different cover and additional chapters.



I have a penchant for reading books over and over just like watching movies so I bought the book trying to remember why I forgotten this thing anyway. And also I am kinda delighted to have this book because of the caption written at the bottom center of the book… it says, Now A Major Motion Picture.


 Now A Major Motion Picture


He’s Just Not That Into You is a collection of stories of different girls dealing common problem—relationships. This book became crazy ass hit when two writers of the popular Sex and the City series had actually transformed into a relationship gurus and firing away love advices that became super helpful for those who are seeking for it.

Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo conceptualized the whole context of this widely known self help book to proliferate the untold story of the male species’ thinking. It’s a collection of stories of various women narrating their struggles in dating, sex, marriage and hooking up. Greg and Liz analyze their situation then in the latter part of the book they will explain their POV’s of how they are in a pathetic condition… ending each advice with he’s just not that into you because if he is… he will do this and do that and blah blah blah.

The thing is… I don’t generally agree with them. That’s how I remember now why I completely forgotten that I have read this book. Because, I don’t give my fondness and I considered this book as a humungous pile of bull shit. I am not Dr. Phil or Joe D’ Mango or Dra. Margie Homes. But I am sure that every guy or person has different personalities, characteristics or attitudes and that explain why they have different behaviors and responses in a certain situation. It doesn’t imply that every human being will commonly react in a situation because they are of the same gender.

Sometimes (I am trying not to sound cheesy and melodramatic) the feelings that we called LOVE rules the entire situation. No matter how clear and vulgar the rejection message is, the person who is deeply in love automatically shuts down all of his or her normal senses and hold on to the tiny hope that there will be a good future on it. And as I always remind myself everyday, it’s better to regret something you did than regretting something you don’t. *rolling eyes and drooling….*

No comments:

Post a Comment