Friday, September 18, 2009

CORPORATE CRISIS--- Not My Thing

I just had my first anniversary in this sweatshop last month—much waited day because I am sort of expecting something good will happen. Well, most of us share those same sentiments. But this week became a season of negative blast off for the entire TW. The richy client decided to break his “good” news in person. Yes, he flew right from across the globe just to tell us that we are not getting anything this year.

I was kind of hopeful that the client will be kind enough to shed a few bucks in exchange for

latest pic... taken 5 seconds before I posted this entry

indefinite hard labor here. But everything was crashed the moment he opened his mouth and talked. After that very moment, I felt betrayed. I felt a sudden outburst of anger. My system automatically stopped from functioning. I stayed for a couple of hours more to digest everything and after a few hours of non-stop whining from everyone… I went home.

The following day was a complete struggle. As much as I wanted to use the remaining energy that I am storing for the longest time, it’s not enough to fathom the moment and make it worthwhile for me. I made it to the office after an hour of internal debate. But as soon as my feet stepped on the floor and my nose smelled the scent of the corporate environment, the “good news” from yesterday came flowing out from my throat like a vomit. That day—I went home earlier than the NORMAL usual.

Next day--- I can no longer pretend. I didn’t show up. Instead, I spend my remaining waking hour inside my room doing my extra labor so I could still sustain my daily expenses. I am belting three jobs right now. I have my day job which is of course the normal-office poop job. The second one is the SEO gig that was given to me by my former manager and the latest one is bio writing from my mentor. Seriously, I am killing myself slowly by working 20 hours a day. Of course, I have to rummage where to put in my leisure like my sport activities, bonding with friends and family time.

I am perpetually tired… literally. My back is aching constantly, my eyes are swollen and red and my eye bags are having eye bags of its own. I think my life right now is a perfect sample of what to do guide on how to commit suicide. Being a workaholic douche is not my thing, but earning a penny from your day job isn’t good at all. It’s not that I am asking for too much… All I need was a little reward or motivation from them. Isn’t that what really happens in the corporate world?]

It’s a good thing… I am off to Subic this weekend. I desperately need a vacation to unwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment