Monday, September 28, 2009

Ondoy Nearly Kill Us All-- May God Help Us

Three days of non-stop tragedy, flash floods, landslides, people dying, mass starvation—the whole Philippines are grieving for their lost properties and loved ones. As much as I love my position right now, I can’t just bum around and watch my fellow Filipinos crying for help. I may not be the nicest person in the whole planet and those who knew me would probably agree that I am a bitch… but at times like this, when the whole country is in deep shit—I couldn’t help but to be nice.

Typhoon Ondoy really made a big impression when it entered the Philippine area of responsibility last Friday night forcing the President to declare 27 provinces in NCR including Metro Manila to be in the state of calamity. I was cool with it at first. My bed time was somehow comforting than before. I was up all night reading Dan Brown’s newest novel, The Symbol when I decided to checked what was going on outside. It was raining like hell.

God Save Philippines

I woke up the following day with half of the city swimming in filthy rain water. I had to cancel my badminton session with my friends since most of the areas were not passable to begin with. My thoughts weren’t that bad at that time. It was normal. Whole night of raining equals flooded area in Mega Manila. It was just a usual cycle that’s been going on for the past decades. But when news reports started to fill us with pictures and videos showing us that there were people dying and flood were rising all the way on top of a two story houses… I was frightened.

Everyone was affected. Rich, poor, average, celebrities, non-celebrities— all of them are equal prey in the eye of this monstrous typhoon. Three of my friends… closest friends including my best friend, my sister and the crimson abstract were greatly affected and ruined by Ondoy. My best friend was forced to spend the night over in my crib because she was forced to evacuate from her house. My sister and the crimson abstract were both living in the most affected area. Their housed were both eaten by the flash flood.

I can’t believe that happened and up to now I couldn’t grasp the gravity of the situation. I wanted to help… seriously. I wanted to go out and help in doing the volunteer works. I am just trying to find out on how to squeeze in my philanthropic self into my shit because the last time I checked, I have my own personal flood in my work schedule.

For now, I am monitoring the latest updates and checking up with my friends. So Philippines, let's hold our hands and stand up... We can do this. We are born survivors. We are brave. GOD SAVE US ALL!!!

3 comments:

  1. your blog is depressing. you are one of those who make life less worth living. hope God can touch your heart and make you change your being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ cros carreon- my english grammar might be bad or it's just that you can't understand english at all... as fas as i am concern, my blog is all about how i am devastated seeing my fellow men crying for help and i am sitting in my house and i can't do anything to help them at that moment. as much as i wanted to go and save lives... i don't have any resources whatsoever. like most of them, i am also trapped in my house. so mr./ms carreon i think you are more depressing than my blog. commenting bad thoughts before reading the entire blog doesn't make your life worth living at all.. BITCH! and for all we know, you are just a spammer spamming my blog.

    and please thou shall not use our Lord's name in your senseless comment... it's bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and for those who are reading my written crap... at time of crisis like this, instead of wasting your time playing genius please do something with your time. lend a helping hand or if not JUST STOP FOOLING AROUND. make yourself useful...

    ReplyDelete